13 March 2006

Exhaustion

The last week or so has been exhausting in a lot of ways. I just don't feel like I ever get enough rest and when I know that I have, I still feel like I haven't. School has been somewhat brutal and now, on my break, I'm working all week.

Which isn't a bad thing at all... it's really a good thing because I can really use the money and the résumé-building, but I always sleep terribly the night before I start a job, hence my current state of exhaustion.

And making phone calls for seven hours doesn't really help either, but I can safely say that I'm well on my way to mastering the "Hello, my name is ----- and I'm from the -----. I am calling to see if -----. Are you interested?" speech. Oh, and it's nice to call people who you never have to talk to ever again. I'm working on my imposition skills, which are good for a reporter.

Too bad I don't really want to be a reporter.

I graduate in December and, to be honest, I don't know what I'm going to do. If I could be guaranteed a good job in what I'm studying, I might be up for it, but there aren't really any good jobs in what I'm studying. The news/editorial area of journalism is such a bad job field - bad hours, bad pay, a lot of work that you might not necessarily agree with.

Oh well... I'd rather do editing or publishing or technical writing or be an office assistant. Go figure.

Anyway... my parents are back from their trip to Fiji, Australia and New Zealand. They had a good time, have some great stories to tell and brought back more than they took. And they have a lot of pictures.

So, I'm going to spend time with the parts of my family that are currently here and then I'm going to read and then *drumroll please* I'm going to SLEEP!

This is what break is for... waking up earlier than I do the rest of the time.

Mood: Tired Listening to: downhere, Wide-Eyed and Mystified
Reading: C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves

No comments: