05 April 2005

Finally Free!

It has been almost a week since I had a free evening... the past few days, I feel like I have just been incredibly isolated from everyone while I've been studying for these two exams (History yesterday, Media Effects today).

Late nights, little fellowship, lots of exhaustion, but I'm finally free of it for tonight and I'm finally free to enjoy the freedom and peace that I was given this weekend.

I made the decision on Saturday to let go of a friendship that was, in all likelihood, a year and a half overdue. The thought has definitely been in my mind a lot, but the events of last week and the temptation to run to him forced me to a decision.

The best part is that it really wasn't even my decision... God made it for me, and I am so incredibly grateful for that because He knows how absolutely stubborn I am and how much I dislike decisions.

And I have such an incredible peace!

So... I have nothing to do right now. I'm listening to clips from FT's new album, which they're releasing next weekend, and it's so incredible [[www.foolishthings.com]]. It has both "Forgive Me" and "The First Lie" on it (both which Ike wrote quite a while ago - "The First Lie" has been known as "Ike's Death Song" for a while, but it's so good). They're coming to Fort Collins next Saturday (the 16th) and it's been so long since I went to a show! I used to go whenever I could get to one, but I haven't seen them play since December and when the Breakfast Club (Spud, Laura, and I) was last together, which was before the hottub exploded, which was before... a lot of stuff. :) I haven't seen the guys since... January or February when they were last here.

But I'm stoked... and I just want to cry for joy! (Not for FT, though I'm stoked for them - for other stuff)

God is so incredibly faithful to ones who are so often unfaithful.

"I hate those who cling to worthless idols; I trust in the LORD. I will be glad and rejoice in Your love, for You saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul. You have not handed me over to the enemy but have set my feet in a spacious place." [[Psalm 31:6-8]]

"Then my soul will rejoice in the LORD and delight in His salvation." [[Psalm 35:9]]

"Forgive me when I've come to pray to You -
Just to get it done before I run away from You.
Forgive me when I've merely said the words -
In severed devotion from all of my motion.
Did I forget You were listening?
Could I deceive the One who's given me my heart?"
[["Forgive Me" - Isaac Jorgensen]]

He's listening always. Amen.

Mood: Joyful Listening to: Foolish Things, Let's Not Forget the Story
Reading: Curtis Sittenfeld, Prep

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope everything is ok with the "freedom," I have had a similar experience this week.