27 April 2005

Jesus, I come to Thee

So often, of late, I have sought out God first and others a close second, tying what I deem to be "recovery" to sources other than the only One who can bring me true peace.

God's silence has been deafening, but I have chosen to wait in silence.

I have been afraid that I do not know His voice, that I am listening to other voices... but I am diligently seeking Him and His guidance, and I will know His voice when He finally decides to speak.

This week, I have been stripping things away - I never truly sit in silence.

Recorded music (especially my iPod) was the first to go; second, a lot of my time with the guys (for my sake and for theirs); and third, I am going to spend my day in silence tomorrow.

I figure that I have done enough talking, enough speculating, enough seeking advice from other sources...

...It is time to solely seek God in this. To come to Jesus and only Him.

"My soul waits in silence for God only; from Him is my salvation." [[Psalm 62:1]]

Out of my bondage, sorrow, and night,
Jesus, I come, Jesus, I come;
Into Thy freedom, gladness and light,
Jesus, I come to Thee;
Out of my sickness into Thy health,
Out of my want and into Thy wealth,
Out of my sin and into Thyself,
Jesus, I come to Thee.

Out of my shameful failure and loss,
Jesus, I come, Jesus, I come;
Into the glorious gain of Thy Cross,
Jesus, I come to Thee;
Out of earth's sorrows into thy balm,
Out of life's storms and into Thy calm,
Out of distress to jubilant psalm,
Jesus, I come to Thee.

Out of unrest and arrogant pride,
Jesus, I come, Jesus, I come;
Into Thy blessed will to abide,
Jesus, I come to Thee;
Out of myself to dwell in Thy love,
Out of despair into raptures above,
Upward for aye on wings like a dove,
Jesus, I come to Thee.

Out of the fear and dread of the tomb,
Jesus, I come, Jesus, I come;
Into the joy and light of Thy home,
Jesus, I come to Thee;
Out of the depths of ruin untold,
Into the peace of Thy sheltering fold,
Ever Thy glorious face to behold,
Jesus, I come to Thee.


[[William T. Sleeper, "Jesus, I Come"]]

Mood: Broken Listening to: Silence Reading: Psalm 62

1 comment:

Chelsea Norris said...

Hey, I am praying for you to. I hope that you have a Holy day. god is faithful and He will tell you what to do...You just have to be patient and silent. If He breaks you, my dear, do not fret. He has sent a community to be there and help build you back up. Silence can be painful, I know I often choose not to have time in silence because of that. I am here for you if you ever need me. Love ya!