27 February 2006

Hebrews 3

[Therefore beware] brethren, take care, lest there be in any one of you a wicked, unbelieving heart [which refuses to cleave to, trust in, and rely on Him], leading you to turn away and desert or stand aloof from the living God.

But instead warn (admonish, urge, and encourage) one another every day, as long as it is called Today, that none of you may be hardened [into settled rebellion] by the deceitfulness of sin [by the fraudulence, the stratagem, the trickery which the delusive glamor of his sin may play on him].

For we have become fellows with Christ (the Messiah) and share in all He has for us, if only we hold our first newborn confidence and original assured expectation [in virtue of which we are believers] firm and unshaken to the end.

[[Hebrews 3:12-14, Amplified]]

As verse 14 says, "have become fellows with Christ" (or "partakers" in the NKJ). The underlying meaning is that we become first of all, finished, then found and, lastly, fulfilled. What an amazing concept! We are fully completed in Christ and in Christ alone, needing no man nor thing to do so. Praise God that we need not rely on men or things to redeem and complete us. (Laura gets credit for the Hebrews 3 thing... she's smart like that).

So many of my sisters lately have been hurting and it breaks my heart. I just keep praying because I know God hears me and weighs my petitions according to His will.

Lord, I pray for my sister -
I pray for her heart and her mind.
I pray she would take heed and listen
when You tell her to bind

All the forces of life that deceive her,
the thoughts and the hurts inside.
I pray You would protect and keep her -
I pray You would show her Your life.

Lord, I pray for my sister -
I pray that her eyes might see
just how much she is infinitely worth
to Christ and to a mere mortal like me.

No comments: