23 March 2005

Enough

I just can’t let it be:
I’m forgiven, but I can’t forgive me.
My past is over: long and gone,
But I still hold on (and on).

I know Your grace is enough,
But mine will never measure up,
‘cause when I attempt to forgive and forget,
I can never forget like You.


You’ve forgotten all of my mistakes,
Yet I only seem to hide them away.
Covered in dust, memories, and years,
Their presence still I fear.

I know Your grace is enough,
But mine will never measure up,
'cause when I attempt to forgive and forget,
I can never forget like You.


Teach me to forgive me;
Teach me to understand Your grace;
Teach me that I can let it be if I learn from my mistakes.

Your grace is more than enough,
And mine might never measure up,
But when I attempt to forgive and forget,
I can only hope to be like You.

You’re just beyond my understanding,
But You’re not quite out of view,
‘cause one day I’m hoping I’ll just let it be
so I can forget like You.

I want to forget like You.

©2002 Alyssa Kate Grinstead

No comments: