22 July 2005

Hidden

I knew You were a hard man -
Reaping where You had not sown.
I knew I was unable
Of turning profit on my own.

So I took the talent You so freely gave -
Dug a hole, hid it away.
I felt so free to give it back to You -
Undeveloped and unused.

Hidden away,
I fear today.
Hidden inside,
These layers of pride.
Hide me from You,
For You come in all Your splendor
And I have been a stingy spender of Your grace -
Hide me away.


I knew You'd come in all Your glory,
With angels 'round Your throne.
I knew You'd never buy the story
That I was too afraid of You to sow.

For what a man plants,
He shall surely harvest.
And what does a girl reap
If she refuses to give her best?

Rescue me from this hardened soul;
Bring me in to the Feast.
For now, I know the greatest return
Is when the most is risked for the least.

No longer hidden away,
Fearing today.
No longer hidden inside,
These layers of pride.
No longer hidden from You,
For You come in all Your splendor -
May I be a greater spender of Your grace -
No longer hidden away.


©2005 Alyssa Kate Grinstead

No comments: