12 May 2005

Finally...

...All done. I really don't feel all that good about my Media Law final, but I did what I could and it's out of my hands.

I'm really tired, though... the last few weeks have really taken a toll on my mental capabilities.

"Officially fried" is the term I'm thinking of. It's what you get for $1900 a semester. Fun, huh?

But I get to do nothing tonight, which I'm excited for... and I'm going home tomorrow, which is bittersweet, but still something I am (at last) really excited for.

I read a lot of poems by William Cowper today in the library... what an amazing writer that man is. He knew God.

"Submission"

O Lord, my best desire fulfill,
And help me to resign
Life, health, and comfort to Thy will,
And make Thy pleasure mine.

Why would I shrink at Thy command,
Whose love forbids my fears?
Or tremble at the gracious hand
That wipes away my tears?

No, rather let me freely yield
What most I prize to Thee;
Who never hast a good withheld,
Or wilt withhold, from me.

Thy favor, all my journey through,
Thou art engaged to grant;
What else I want, or think I do,
'Tis better still to want.

Wisdom and mercy guide my way,
Shall I resist them both?
A poor blind creature of day,
And crush'd before the moth!

But ah! my inward spirit cries,
Still binds me to Thy sway;
Else the next cloud that veils the skies
Drives all these thoughts away.


Mood: Officially fried Listening to: The thunderstorm rolling in
Reading: William Cowper, The Olney Hymns

1 comment:

Chelsea Norris said...

Happy birthday to you...Happy birthday to you...Happy birthday dear Kate (square...lol)...Happy birthday to you!

I love ya babe! I hope everything is going well! God bless!

Love always,
Chel C