10 August 2005

Compressors, Yard Work and Legalities

#1: Compressors - So... the air conditioning is still broken because, instead of it just being the fan that stopped, it is actually the air compressor that is broken (which isn't the cheapest thing ever to replace). But it's really warm in our house. We have every fan going nonstop, are running interference to make sure the right windows are open at the right time... it's entertaining, I guess. The only big problem is that my room is always 10-15 degrees warmer than the rest of the house, so it takes 2-3 hours longer to cool down at night, so it makes it harder to go to sleep at night.

#2: Yard Work - While Dad was waiting for the A/C guy to show up this morning and tell us what was wrong, he weed-whacked and trimmed the bushes and trees in our front yard... and then left the pieces for John and I to pick up when he left to go back to work. So, John and I picked up branches and sticks and leaves and stuff for a while (John actually tried to mow it up, which didn't work too well). It was hot outside too.

#3: Legalities - My little brother is 18 today. It's scary. He can fight for our country, buy tobacco products, non-alcoholic beer and lotto tickets, and he can sign his own release forms. He's growing up and it's cool, but it makes me sad 'cause I can't sit on him anymore. :( He leaves for California in a month and it's a good thing we have free phone-to-phone calling. :)

So that's all for now, I guess. I'll leave you with a picture of Emily and I from our small group get-together last week (courtesy of the best leader ever - Cindy).


Mood: Lazy Listening to: The Dandy Warhols, Welcome to the Monkey House
Reading: C.S. Lewis, Prince Caspian

No comments: