11 August 2005

Thursday afternoons...

...are officially the most boring part of the week. :)

Turns out we're getting a new A/C unit because it's more cost-effective to just get a new one with new technology and new warranties and stuff for about $200 more than an air compressor itself. Go figure. But we still don't have it. And it's still hot.

I started packing today and made my way through my textbooks, other books, bedding, and towels. It's a good start. I also laid out my packing responsibilities through next week so I don't just do everything at once and, therefore, I keep living a somewhat meaningful existence that doesn't involve packing all the time in the middle of the night.

I spent a while organizing a (long) list of Greek words that I've been studying lately... that was fun.

I got a job offer on Tuesday, which is funny because it's the end of the summer and it's ironic that I only get a job offer now, when I'm only here for another week. Oh well.

Tonight: Argentinean steaks at Hayro's loft.

Tomorrow: Teeth drilling (cavities - I blame genetics for my deeply-grooved teeth).

Next Week: Jury duty. Yippee.

Anyway, Mom's gone to Indiana to spend time with her parents, so it's just me and the boys this weekend. I really need to get ready to leave for Hayro's soon.

Hope everyone's summer is winding down well... see you soon in the Fort!

Mood: Indeterminable Listening to: The Dandy Warhols, 13 Tales from Urban Bohemia
Reading: C.S. Lewis, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

No comments: