26 August 2005

Let's try this again...

Hopefully, it won't get lost like my last chance at posting something on Dave's computer.

I miss my Laura... :(

It's been a few days since I talked to her and more than a week since we actually got in some decent "chat time". Considering that a lot has been on my mind and a lot of really deep discussions have gone on recently, I just really want to talk to her.

Being in the halls this year is definitely different... The jury's still out on some of the staff. I feel like every time I turn around, there's someone there waiting for me to violate some obscure rule that I don't know about or trying to find a loophole for getting me busted when my actions are according to school policy.

To be honest, it's kind of creepy.

But I have to find a way in which I can still respect those in authority over me while making sure that my witness is not diminished.

Classes are going well, though... it will be a lot of work, but at least it is only four classes (instead of six) and they're all classes that I enjoy (to some extent or another). I have some awesome (if eccentric) profs, so it's entertaining.

But I think I'm ready to give up on the "dating, relationships and marriage" topic for a while... six months to a year, perhaps? I'm just frustrated with it... and talking about it never really gets me anywhere.

It has been good to start straightening things out in that vein, though... tying up loose ends from the spring semester and finally finding an honest peace, even if it's awkward at times.

I am so blessed by the men in my life. They put up with me... and that says a lot. :)

Naptime, I think... on Autumn.

Who is "Autumn"? That's a whole 'nother story.

Mood: Contemplative Listening to: Jars of Clay, Who We Are Instead
Reading: The Art of Editing

No comments: