21 February 2005

Attempting Rest in the Promises of My Maker

Last weekend, we studied fighting battles and one of the strategies given was to rest upon the promises of God. Exodus 14:14 is one. Romans 8 is a whole slew of em. Jeremiah 29:11, 13. The list goes on.

The main promise I am trying to rest in now is that God is sovereign and in control. Things around here have been insane lately, from late nights to drama to processing through things on my own. I rarely talk to my best friends anymore simply because I have gotten so busy (and God wants us to grow individually).

"I wait for the Lord - my soul waits.
In His Word, I place my trust; in His Word, I rest.
In His Word, I place my trust, for I know I must wait."
[["I Wait for the Lord", Jeremy Camp]]

I know I must wait. That's it. That's what I'm meant to do.

I just don't know how to live that out - to get to the place where there is peace in waiting again.

I have experienced it before and I know that my Father is faithful to His promises. Forever faithful.

And, in that, I can rest. Amen.

Mood: Broken Listening to: Jeremy Camp, Carried Me: The Worship Project
Reading: Promises

No comments: