23 February 2005

So, it didn't snow...

...Well, not here, at least. :) It snowed on Laura!

Really, though, it was supposed to, but we got some good winds that pushed it away.

Anyway, today's been kind of weird... I had a really strange dream this morning right before I woke up (one that I was about to find something out in) so... That was on my mind all morning (my imagination went into overdrive)! I got a lot of sleep last night, but I'm more exhausted than I've been in days. Go figure.

But, yeah, I went to class this morning (much good it did) and the guys went snowboarding. If I had the money to go and the moxy to skip class with abandon, I'd be right there with 'em, but I don't, and that's okay. Hopefully, they'll make it down from the mountain in one piece each (does that make sense? LOL.)

We listened to a tape on pride and humility last night, which was very convicting. It is so tempting to take what you hear and place it on someone else, but it is really revealing when you internalize it and say, "where does this apply?"

One thing that hit really hard was the speaker's statement that humility is secure while pride is unstable.

How true is that? The more proud we become, the more we seek things to satisfy and find ourselves increasingly more empty. Only in humility can we find balance and a place of rest. Mind-blowing, huh?

Things kind of got bad again last night... I'm still struggling with my attitude, but it's getting better. I have taken the focus off of "me" because, guess what!? I don't have anything to do with it! Quite a mindset-changer, I must say. :)

Nick and Phil now have one very humorous message on their answering machine... call and listen - you'll laugh.

Everyone is gearing up to road trip to California over spring break and I really want to go, but Mom got the time off and Dad is trying to... and I really do want to spend time with my parents. I just want to be with everyone else, too. It's quite the mental struggle right now (on top of everything else).

I got my first paper back today for my lit class (4.25/5) and I am supposed to get my law exam back today, too. This day could get very interesting, especially since I have exams both tomorrow and Friday. I can rest when the week is over, but man... how I could use a nap right now.

Instead, I'm going to turn to a different source of peace and rest - God's Word. Because if I fail to seek Him through His Word in my circumstances... I fail to seek Him. I know this to be true.

Mood: Hazy Listening to: Andrew Peterson, Carried Along Reading: OT Survey

No comments: