20 February 2005

It's before midnight!

And I'm actually in my room! It is so amazing, I must say... :)

Anyway, this past weekend has been great. I've been hanging out with the gang here and I put away my homework (save the bare minimum). I saw Constantine last night, which was interesting to some degree, but I really don't recommend.

We started 2 Corinthians in church today, which was really cool (we studied the God of comfort). I went over to Steph's with a lot of people and her parents were more than gracious in giving us all a home-cooked meal and an afternoon of entertainment. I tried to do homework this afternoon, but only got past the minimum (a bibliography for my panel Tuesday) and then I played my guitar until Hannah came in and chatted for a while.

Then I went to dinner... :)

And dinner turned into watching She's All That with friends. It gets hard sometimes because I don't know how to react when people objectify/judge other people period, much less in movies, but when I do react, I always feel like I'm going to be shunned or condemned by whoever I'm talking to.

It just reminds me of Paul, challenging me to consider God's truth to be my highest priority...

"Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ." -Galatians 1:10

What a hard pill to swallow!

And, now, I am going to bed... for the first time in several days, I am in my room before 1:30am. That's impressive.

Another week of tests coming right up... with special sauce. :) 'Night.

Mood: Irritated Listening to: Tree63, The Answer to the Question
Reading: Accountability stuff

No comments: