22 February 2005

From Sociology class...

"Why should I fear when evil days come,
when wicked deceivers surround me-
those who trust in their wealth and boast of their great riches?
No man can redeem the life of another
or give to God a ransom for him
-
the ransom for a life is costly,
no payment is ever enough-
that he should live on forever and not see decay.
For all can see that wise men die;
the foolish and the senseless alike perish and leave their wealth to others."
[[Psalm 49:5-10]]

Yesterday was, at the end of things, a "good" day - cathartic, healing... almost. I've never enjoyed pain, but I'm willing to be refined and, sometimes, that is the only way to do so.

No man can redeem the life of another... how sobering is that thought?

When those that we love fail to believe or fail to remain willing within God's will, we can do nothing.

Doing nothing often carries frustration, but we are called to love. We will be known by His love.

I was shown a lot of love and encouragement by my "family" last night. The guys tried for over an hour to cheer me up and, to some extent, they were successful (and entertaining).

My role in this (or lack thereof) is at rest - I am at rest.

My heart is simply heavy.

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow.

Mood: Ready for the week to be over Listening to: Dishwalla, Opaline Reading: Psalms

No comments: