08 February 2005

A Garland of Grace...

What truly is "wisdom"? How do we define it?

"Listen, my sons, to a father's instruction;
pay attention and gain understanding.
I give you sound learning,
so do not forsake my teaching.
When I was a boy in my father's house,
still tender, and an only child of my mother,
he taught me and said,
'Lay hold of my words with all your heart;
keep my commands and you will live.
Get wisdom, get understanding;
do not forget my words or swerve from them.
Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you;
love her, and she will watch over you.
Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom.
Though it cost all you have, get understanding.
Esteem her, and she will exalt you;
embrace her, and she will honor you.
She will set a garland of grace on your head
and present you with a crown of splendor
.'" [[Proverbs 4:1-9]]

Wisdom is what is left behind when everything is stripped away and Covenant is complete: Christ clothes Himself in my sin and I clothe myself with Christ.

When we've been tested and come out, we are marked by grace.

The testing of our faith develops wisdom and we are to desire wisdom more than anything.

"There is no greater loss than to lose myself in You."
[[Mute Math, "Control"]]

Mood: Head Cold Listening to: JT211 Lab Reading: My storyboard

No comments: