24 February 2005

Thursday Thoughts

May I leave these childish wanderings away from Christ's peace behind me.

I'm always living for "tomorrow" - the end of exams, the opportunity for something different, the end of something painful.

I'm always running from "yesterday" - things that went badly, memories that distract, things I can't achieve again (or wouldn't even want to, for that matter).

But where does that leave me today?

Today, I need to sit at the feet of my Maker; today, I need to find peace and comfort in His sanctuary; today, I need to rest in the fact that I am forgiven - that I have something to share.

My focus is not meant to be on "me," on "tomorrow," or on "yesterday," but on the prize - my reward - Jesus Christ.

A different life begins today.

Mood: Hungry Listening to: The Turning, Wide Awake and Dreaming
Reading: The clock (it's lunchtime)

No comments: